- The nominated person must be a current employee of local government (employed for at least six months).
- The nominated person must show a genuine interest in continuing in local government.
- The nominated person must show an interest in progressing towards a leadership role within local government.
Other information, which will assist in the assessment of nominations:
- Commitment to volunteering within the local community such as coaching junior sport, involved with the P&C, senior citizens groups, community centre, sports club, environmental group, local hospital or similar.
- The successful candidate will report back to LG Works on their progress.
- The Scholarship covers the cost of registration to the LG Works Conference & Expo, accommodation and meals, including the Conference functions.
- The winner will also be announced on the LG Works website.